Friday, July 5, 2013

Ken and Jenni Richardson Family's Tributes to Grandma Richardson


Thank you, Mom, for being a great example of righteous living to me and my children!  You have done so much for me that I will never be able to repay you.  I am grateful for the unyielding support that you have given me throughout my life and that I continue to feel to this day.  You are my biggest cheerleader and I'm grateful for that!  Thank you for teaching me the gospel and showing me how to recognize the hand of God in my life.  Thank you for helping me know what it is like to live in a home where the Spirit can dwell and where living righteously and in harmony as a family is as natural as breathing.  Thank you for your example of selfless service to family, friends, and everyone you meet.  I love my memories of you caring for Dad at home during his final years on earth and how natural that was for you to do because of your great love and concern for everyone around you.  Thank you for your love of learning and your desire to teach others what you've learned.  Thank you for being so involved in our lives.  We love having you come and see us and feel spoiled every time!  I hope you know of my love for you and my admiration for the great accomplishments of your life so far.  Your posterity will be blessed by your righteous life for many generations!  I look forward to many years of your continued and important presence in our lives.
With great love and kindest regards,
Kenneth

There are so many admirable traits about Mom. First and foremost is her love of the gospel. There is no doubt that this is the most important thing in her life. She values her testimony and shares it often with others. I admire how she is so willing and able to do this on a weekly basis. Mom wants her family to be together forever and is always telling of her appreciation for them and  the good things they are doing with their lives. She is very supportive as a mother, grandmother, and great grandmother. She has developed a love of her predecessors as well, and is interested in family history work. She is a voracious learner. She loves to read and attend educational functions. She is an information keeper. Her constant desire to learn things about her family members and be involved in their activities helps bind everyone together. She loves passing traditions on to strengthen this bond. She is a memory keeper as well. This is clearly evident in her scrapbooking, journal keeping, blogging, e-mailing and picture taking. Mom loves being included in everything. This shows her enthusiasm for all life has to offer. I am grateful for the relationship we have developed these last 20 years I have known her. Most of all I am grateful for the wonderful son ("Kenneth") she has raised to be my eternal companion and father of my 5 children. Thank you Mom. I love you.
Love
Jenni

My grandma Lavona is loving and always active in keeping track of all her children and their families. I've always admired her care for others and her righteous habits. 
I love you!
- Jared

Grandma-

I love how you are so supportive of the activities we do and how you try to make it to as many of our performances as you can. Thank you for staying with us when our parents were gone - you helped things go really smoothly that week. And thank you for helping raise your son well; he's become a great Dad! 
We love you!
 --Marcus

What I love about Grandma is that she's loving.  She comes to almost everyone's concerts and performances, no matter where they live.  She always cheers me up when she comes to visit.  One of my favorite memories with her is when she came and took care of us for a week while our parents were gone. We played card games and had family home evening with her.  I'll never forget how caring she was during that time. 
Love
Betsy
 
Lavona Flake Richardson is my grandma and she has done a lot of things in her life.  Her husband Jay Richardson died of Alzheimer's on May 30 ,2011.  But Grandma is still going strong.  She lives in Mesa, Arizona.  Lavona may have difficulty without Jay, but she still is my grandma. I love her and I know she loves me.
Love
Adam
 
I have a good memory when we came and visited Grandma and Grandpa.  They let us stay with them and even let us bring our wii to play at their home.  Also she took care of us while Mom and Dad were in Spain. She helped us a lot in our homework and stuff we had to do. She is very kind and loving.
Love Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment