Monday, July 22, 2013

Fun questionnaire by Grandma Richardson




Top of Form
 July 15, 2013

Dear Family,

Thanks for a wonderful Tribute Program you put on for me at our Colorado Family Reunion.  Thank you Margie for planning a great reunion.   Thanks to all of my children for making an effort to be with us.  It was great to have everyone there except for Russ, Dean and Jennifer.  I hope they can be with us at our next reunion.  Thank you Melvin for a great Tribute Program and for the book of Tributes that you made for me.  I have read it over many times and cherish it. 

Before the reunion Margie sent me the following questionnaire and asked that I fill it out.  I thought you might enjoy reading my answers. I am trying to start working on writing my life story but find it so difficult since I am so busy living today.  I am enjoying writing you a Richardson Review each week to let you know where I have been and what I am doing. 

Lots of love,
Mom, Grandma Richardson


1.  Number of cameras you've owned--Many.  I always have a camera in my purse.
 
2.  When did you get your first camera? a box camera I still have that I probably got in high school.
3.  Number of countries you've been to.15-- United States, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Russia, Japan, Chile, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Korea, Indonesia, Australia, Israel, Fiji
.
4.  Number of states in the U.S. you've visited. 28-- Arizona, Utah, California, Washington, Colorado, Oregon, Idaho, New Mexico, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Mexico, Hawaii, Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts,Missouri, Ohio, Kentucky, Nebraska, Idaho, Tennessee, Michigan, Kansas
5.  Have you ever broken a bone? or received stiches? no broken bones, stitches only after surgery
6.  Have you ever had any body parts (i.e. appendix, kidney)removed? kidney, appendix, gall bladder
7.  Number of times you served as a PTO president.Many years- I am not sure how many.  I served in the PTO most of the years that I had children attending the different schools .  A guess would be Broadmor about 5 years, McKemy about 6 years and Tempe High about 8 years more or less.
8.  Favorite meal as a child. steak and gravy
9.  Did you ever have a nick name? no
10. Favorite ice cream flavor- anything with nuts
11. Number of volumes of Journals you've written. I have written in my journal every day since 1974. 
12.  Number of temples you've visited.35--Mesa, Snowflake, Gila Valley, Nauvoo, Provo, Salt Lake, Mount Timpanogos, Washington DC, Seattle, San Diego, Los Angeles, Chicago,Tokyo Japan, Santiago, Chile, Mexico City, Newport Beach, Logan, Manti,gden,St.George,Bountiful,Brigham City, Jordan River, Denver, Kona Hawaii, Laie, Hawaii, Idaho Falls, Las Vegas, Kansas City, Palmyra, Manhattan, New York, Dallas, Houston,Columbus,

13.  Occupation you'd like to do if you were younger. Teach Church History
14.  Location you'd still like to visit. Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden.
15.  Best travel tip-visit the areas where tourists don't go and enjoy the culture.
16.  Longest layover (a.k.a getting bumped)you've had in an airport. Overnight in Las Vegas
17.  What kind of music do you like? and who are your favorite bands? Classic Music--Glen Miller band

18.  What are your favorite movies- The Inheritance, Man from Snowy River
19.  What's your favorite season? spring
20.  What sports do you like best? basketball, football, baseball
21.  What is your favorite restaurant. Mexican Food
22.  What is your favorite time of day, day of the week, time of the year?  Morning, Sunday, Christmas

23.  What is one of your favorite quotes? D & C 84:88 .."I will go before your face, I will be on your right hand and your left and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."
D & C. 19:23 "Learn of me and listen to my words...and you shall have peace in me."
24.  What chore do you absolutely hate doing? cleaning the bathrooms.
 
25.  What is your favorite mode of transportation? airplanes
26.  What sound do you love? Hymns being played on the violin, little children playing

27.  What is your favorite form of exercise? walking
28.  If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? Dinner party with Joseph and Emma Smith with Dad helping me serve.
29.  If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?  Cherry blossoms in Washington DC, Flowers on Temple Square
30.  If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 50 to have good health and be able to enjoy my children and grandchildren.
31.  If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?  Future--Being united with my eternal companion again and his embrace.
 
32.  If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Learn to sing.
33.  If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? writing the wonderful experiences of my life with pictures.
34.  If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?  Visit Jay in the Spirit World.
35.  If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I like my name. 
36.  If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?  Christ
37.  If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?  I don't know
38.  When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Reading
39.  What would you name the autobiography of your life? 
Blessings enjoyed in my life.
40.  What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? I Know that My Redeemer Lives, I Believe in Christ, Count your Many Blessings,  God Be With You Till We Meet Again.  Love at Home
41.  Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Yes, when I started working at America West so we could get health insurance and I got travel blessings that I enjoy so much today.
42.  What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? Our Golden Wedding Family Reunion.
43.  What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? Book, “The Infinite Atonement”.
44.  What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Tell Jay goodbye for a time
45.  What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Having to go through life alone.
46.  What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? I can't think of anything. 
 
47.  What do you miss most about being a kid? no worries
48.  What was the first thing you bought with your own money? a watch with the sale of corn from my corn patch.
49.  What is something you learned in the last week? The joy of being with converts you helped find Christ and His Church.
 
50.  Have you ever been mentioned in the newspaper? Yes, In the Church News when my two sisters and I were all serving as missionaries in Mexico together and also in the Church News flying from Arizona each week to give service as a missionary at the Conference Center.
51.  What is your favorite seat on an airplane? window seat up front with a good view
52.  Have you ever been arrested? no
53.  What 10 items do you have in your purse right now? driver's license, temple recommend,camera,cell phone,credit card, hair brush, lipstick, notebook, pen, money
54.  Have you ever won a trophy? Yes, top performer at America West Airlines
55.  What is on your bedside table? picture of Jay, alarm clock
56.  Apple Juice or Orange Juice? orange juice
57.  If you were to perform in the circus what would you do? Sell ice cream
58.  Are you right handed or left handed? right handed
59.  Have you ever fired a gun? no
60.  If you were stranded on an island, what would be five things you would want with you. scriptures, water, shoes, food, good book, flashlight
61.  If you could go back in time for 24 hours when and where would it be? Hear Joseph Smith speak about the restoration of the Gospel.
62.  Who named you, your mom or your dad? I have no idea.  Probably my mother to make my name rhyme with Leona.
63.  What was your first job? Growing Corn, Working at Flake Store, BYU cafteria and BYU laundry
64.  If you were given a million dollars, what would you do with it? Nice Home, Travel, Gifts to my children
65.  What is one thing that makes you extremely nervous? children making bad choices
66.  Which do you prefer...camping or hotel? hotel
67.  The world would be a better place if...everyone showed love, were converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and lived it.
 
68.  Do you judge a book by it's cover? Yes, but I shouldn't.
69.  How often do you make your bed? Every morning
70.  Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? doing the right things
71.  If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Make good choices and show love to others
.
72.  What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I liked to be involved in everything going on. 
73.  Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?  Losing touch with a good friend who lives right near me because I can always keep in contact with phone, e-mail, face book, skype,  etc. with a friend that moves away.
74.  Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Yes but I know it doesn't help.  I am impatient.
 
75.  What are you most grateful for? My family who are living the gospel.
76.  If you could have a room of any one things what would it be? books
77.  What is the best advice you've ever received?  show more love.
78.  What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail. Sing a solo in Sacrament Meeting.
79.  If you could see only black and white, except for one color what would that color be? green
80.  What is the longest you've ever gone without sleep? 36 hours
81.  Is there an item that you are constantly losing or looking for? my car keys
82.  Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? the dictionary
83. Have you ever been stung by a bee? no

84. Are you afraid of heights? yes Or what are you afraid of? I am afraid of falling.

85. What is the most memorable class you have ever taken? Classes at BYU Education Week about the scriptures.

86. Have you ever been in a food fight? no

87. What is your favorite thing to spend money on? Things for my home, gifts to my children.

88. Ever had any relatives in jail? no

89. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Lots of strange food in Indonesia

90. Would you rather go a week without bathing, but be able to change your clothes? Or a week without changing your clothes but be able to bathe.
A week without changing my clothes but be able to bathe.

91. If you had to be trapped in a tv show for a month, which would you choose? I don't watch television.

92. What keys on a keyboard do you not use? keys used in foreign languages.

93. Have you ever danced in the rain? no, but I should because I like to dance.

94. What is your blood type?  B Positive.

95. What is your perfect pizza? 
        Papa Murphy's

96. Do you re-charge yourselve by being around others or by being by yourself? Being by myself.
97. What are two things that people do that drive you crazy? Think only about themselves and don't listen to what you are saying
98.  What is the oldest item that you own.  I have a collection of very old school books.

99. If you were to write your obituary, how would it read?
That I loved the Lord and served Him, was a good mother and left a faithful posterity
.  
 
Listed below are some of my favorite things in no particular order. 

I love Jay and the wonderful family that we were blessed to have.  I love knowing that we can be together again forever. 

I love reading my scriptures. 

I love being able to pray to a Heavenly Father that I know loves me.

I am grateful for the great gift of Christ and his atonement and resurrection.

I like reading Church Doctrinal books and books about Church History.

I love to read and learn new things about different people, cultures, science,

I like to achieve.

I love being able to travel and learn about new people and cultures.

I enjoy getting to know people.

I enjoy listening to good music.
I enjoy teaching children and making a difference in their lives.  I enjoyed Grandma School with my Grandchildren.
I enjoy teaching the Gospel and loved teaching about all our standard works in the Gospel Doctrine classes.

I love giving tours of the Conference Center and learning about the people I take on tour. 
I love Church History and learning about the faith and dedication of those early pioneers who gave me the legacy of growing up in the Church.
I am grateful for parents who taught me the gospel as a child by their example.
I loved serving missions with Jay in Nauvoo and Indonesia and all the special experiences we had and the great love we have for the people we served. 

I loved giving out wheelchairs to those in need.  I loved visiting children in the hospital and giving them handmade quilts.  I enjoyed being able to make life easier for others.

I love being able to speak Spanish and relate to the Mexican people that I love so much. 

I loved traveling to the missions where my children served and seeing how much the people loved them. 

I love being invited to share special trips and events with my children.

I enjoy beautiful sunsets and beautiful flowers. 

I enjoy being with my children and grandchildren.

I love my Savior and Heavenly Father.

I love to learn new things.  In school I was good in math and spelling.

I enjoy writing in my journal.

I enjoy taking pictures and putting them on my blog.

I enjoy making scrapbooks of special memories.

I am grateful for all the children and grandchildren temple marriages that I have been able to attend.

I enjoy being at baby blessings, graduations, award programs, concerts, sports and events where my children and grandchildren are participating. 

I love beautiful jewelry.

I love to attend the temple.  I feel closer to Jay while at the temple.  I am grateful that I have been able to go to many temples throughout the world.     

No comments:

Post a Comment