Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Testimony

My Testimony
by Lavona Flake Richardson
(June 2009)

      I want my children and grandchildren to know that I know that God lives and hears and answers our prayers. I know that Jesus is the Christ and our Savior and Redeemer and that through his Atonement, we can again return to live with our Heavenly Father as an eternal forever family if we live worthily. Dear children and grandchildren, you are all remembered in my prayers several times each day as I ask that you will be able to withstand temptation and live the teachings of Jesus Christ. I bear my testimony to you that this is the only way you can find happiness. I pray that each of you will be worthy to fulfill full-time missions and be married in the temple, and that for your entire life you will strive to build up the kingdom of God wherever you are. I pray that you will surround yourself with good friends and that you will be in tune to hear the promptings of the Spirit in directing His work.
      I am so grateful for my testimony that Christ’s Church has been restored in these latter days and for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am grateful that we can live at a time when the gospel is here in its fullness and with temples dotting the earth where we can receive the many great blessings that the Lord is anxious to give us. I am grateful that we can all receive personal revelation to guide us in our lives and that we have a living Prophet who lets us know the mind and will of God to us at this time in the world history. I am so blessed to have a worthy Priesthood holder as my eternal companion and I am so grateful for a righteous posterity. Thanks to all of you for the great choices you are making in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment