Monday, October 1, 2012

MY Snowflake Home, by Minnie Stratton

MY SNOWFLAKE HOME

Oh, home beloved where'ere you wander,
On foreign land or distant sea,
As time rolls by, my heart grows fonder
And yearns more lovingly for thee,
Thou fair be nature's scenes around me,
And friends are ever kind and true,
Thou joyous mirth and song surround me,
My heart, my soul still yearns for you.

Ye valleys fair and snowcapped mountains,
Ye peaceful hamlet mid the trees,
Ye murmuring streams and crystal fountains,
Kissed by the cool, soft balmy breeze.
Words cannot tell how well I love thee
Nor speak my longing when I roam.
My heart alone can cry to heaven,
God bless my own dear Snowflake home.
                 --1953 by Minnie K. Stratton, paraphrased from "God
                 Bless Our Mountain Home"

No comments:

Post a Comment