Thursday, June 26, 2014

Miracle Medicine for Marlene

Miracle Medicine for Marlene

We had just moved from Pennsylvania and before that Chicago, back home to Arizona.  We lived in downtown Tempe, and Daddy practiced dentistry in Phoenix.  Our family consisted of Dad and Mom and three little girls, Miriam, Marlene, and Rauna.  I was about three years old when I developed Idiopathic Thrombocytic Purpura, a disease of the bone marrow.  The main symptom was easy bruising, and I developed bruises all over my body. 
We were in a brand new ward, Tempe 1st ward, and really didn’t know anyone yet, to help us with this awful dilemma.  But the Relief Society took care of Miriam and Rauna while I was getting treated.  Daddy gave me a special blessing of healing.  Then the doctor told Daddy and Mommy of a wonderful new drug that had just been developed for Purpura, a real miracle drug.  They felt that it was the Priesthood Blessing that led them to the cure.  I was given this and though I had been a very sick little girl, I soon healed completely.  Though I still bruised somewhat easily for a time, I have been so blessed to live a healthy, normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment